Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sanctity of Life

Today is Sanctity of Life Sunday. What an amazing gift God has given each of us - the gift of life. Today's message at church was so moving. I have always been against abortion, but I wouldn't say I've been great at voicing that or that I have ever been that passionate about it. But why shouldn't I be? It is such a core Biblical issue and central to my beliefs as a Christian. I'd like to share a couple of verses related to God's creation of us, even before conception. And then there are 2 video clips (one long one split in two) that are unbelievably moving. Take the time to watch them if you can.

Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,and before you were born I consecrated you;I appointed you a prophet to the nations."
- Jeremiah 1:4-5 (ESV)

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
   and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
   Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
   as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
   Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
   before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
   They cannot be numbered!
I can’t even count them;
   they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
   you are still with me!
-Psalm 139:13-18 (NLT)




No comments:

Post a Comment