Thursday, September 17, 2009

You're Not Shaken

I heard this song on the radio while I was driving to work and it was just such a good reminder that even when it seems like the world and everything around me is crumbling down, God is not shaken one bit. He stands firm and wants us to lean on Him for stability. I love that. What an encouragement it is to have such a strong and steadfast God!


You're Not Shaken
by Phil Stacey

I am sinking in a river that is raging
I am drowning, will I ever rise to breathe again?
I want to know why; I just want to understand
Will I ever know why? How could this be from Your hand?

When every little thing that I have dreamed would be
Just slips away like water through my hand
And when it seems the walls of my belief are crashing down
Like they're all made of sand
I won't let go of You now, because I know You're not shaken

I'm trembling in the darkness of my own fear
All the questions with no answers still grip me while I'm here
And I may never know why; I may not understand
But I will lift up my eyes And trust this is Your plan

When I am in the valley of the shadow of death
You're not shaken, You're not shaken
You're right here beside me and You have never left
You're not shaken, You're not shaken



No comments:

Post a Comment