Sunday, March 22, 2009

All things through God

"Give me the grace to do as you command, and command me to do what you will! ...O holy God... when your commands are obeyed, it is from you that we receive the power to obey them." -St. Augustine

One of the mysteries of the Christian life according to John Piper:

"...we must delight in God. And only God can change our hearts so that we delight in God. We are thrown back on God utterly. The Christian life is all of grace. 'From him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever' (Romans 11:36)"

This seems to be one of the things God is teaching me right now. It has come up over and over in Kyle's sermons and in things I am reading. Intellectually, I understand this concept, but in my heart, it still doesn't quite make sense. I have not yet grasped what God is intending on teaching me through this, but with His grace, I pray He would open my heart to allow me understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment